Sunday, November 7, 2010

Friends 'til Christmas Part III

I got Elf Mail!!!! So yesterday when we were on our way home from the pizza place with some movies to watch while we munched I asked that we stop by the mailboxes on the way home. I got a box!! I wasn't expecting anything really. I had a great mail week, only one bill a much needed check and lots of great swap goodies. Anything received today was a bonus and boy was this day a bonus!!

I waited until after we ate, it took me every fiber of my being not to stuff that giant NY sized slice of pizza into my mouth and deal with the consequences later. As soon as I opened it, I could smell cinnamon! Just lovely! Inside of the box was an adorably wrapped box with the cutest ornament on it! Check out the pink and green jingle bells!!

IMAG0182

And look what was inside!! I am really getting into trying out different mediums for altering things. I really feel like only so much can be done with paper and glue, not to mention the amount of money I spend on paper and glue. I have a hard time justifying spending $40 on paper to the other half, but if I can throw in some art supplies and paint brushes it makes both of us feel better! LOL, must be a mind thing, because it all equals more time in the craft space for me!

Glass Bead Gel and some fantastic artists brushes!
IMAG0183

Gesso!!! I really love this stuff, there is much that can be done with it and I am so ready to put on my smock/DF's old t-shirt and get down and dirty with my new toys! But breakfast awaits me and I need to finish up some gift wrapping and ornaments for others before I can indulge in artist joy!!

IMAG0184

And these craft sticks! They are for the application of these wonderful mediums! So cute and I can't wait to use them!!
IMAG0185

I am very thankful to have such an awesome elf! She has truly spoiled me with things that I love and and really going to enjoy using to make gifts for others. This year will truly be a handmade Christmas! I am too excited to get started on my gift making!! Thank you elfie/friend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails